You can learn a lot from an Instagram page.
The @this_girl_is_a_squirrel Instagram page has taught us a lot about those cooky creatures we often see scurrying around our yard for nuts.
Meet Jill, she’s a 3-year-old eastern grey squirrel, a Hurricane Isaac rescue who is domesticated and living with a person in a house — where she does absurdly cute things, like run down hallways, climb on furniture, and eat cashews (Note: we don’t suggest trying this at home unless you know what you’re doing)
Jill has more fun than a lot of people we know. When she turned three two months ago: “She had a fun-filled and non-stop day visiting family, car rides with the windows down and playing in just about every room in the house,” reads her Instagram birthday post.
According to her profile blurb, she’s a virtually fearless: “vegetarian, parkour expert whose only fear is the vacuum. But, she loves every Starbucks napkin she meets.”
Here, 5 things we learned about squirrels from “silly Jilly’s” Instagram page.
1. Squirrels have cold weather fashion nailed.
2. Squirrel feet are amazing in every way (and we usually don’t like feet of any kind)!
3. Some squirrels sleep with adorable stuffed animals that are completely proportionate to their size — just like ours!
4. Squirrels can makes noises that sound a lot like a typewriter — for those of you too young to know what exactly a typewriter is, click here.
5. When squirrels dream, their whiskers twitch (Next time we’re suffering from insomnia, we’re watching this!)
While we happily celebrated #SquirrelAppreciationDay on Thursday Jan. 21, there’s no reason not to marvel at these animals all year long. For more squirrelly fun, visit @Sweepy_Sniper_Squirrel, who dubs himself the only palm squirrel on Instagram, or @KuiperTheSquirrel, an 11-month-old almond-lover who also despises vacuums (just like Jill!)