We know what’s No. 1 on this dog’s Christmas list: belly rubs – duh!
Lola, a pit bull/boxer mix, is no lap dog, but she found another way to tell Santa exactly what she wants for the holidays this year.
When it was her chance to meet ol’ Saint Nick with her owner, Miles Clark Gray, from the Washington Animal Rescue League in Washington, D.C., she flipped right onto her back to receive her present. So what else is on her wish list this year?
We can only imagine what Lola’s Christmas letter to Santa Paws looked like. And that’s exactly what we did.
I hope I made it onto your nice pup list this year. Sorry about that time I destroyed one of my owner’s new leather loafers. They looked just like giant Milk-Bones, ya know? Anyways, I’m also sorry for the time I peed on the living room floor this summer. But, as you can understand being a bearded creature who loves the cold weather yourself, the heat just doesn’t always work for me considering I wear a fur coat that’s unremovable. I really didn’t want to go outside – you get me, right?
I would, however, like to point out that I woke my owner up a total of 37 times this year for work when his alarm didn’t go off. I always ran to the door for the most loving, gracious welcome-home celebration ever (even if he was only gone, like, 3 minutes grabbing the mail), and I finally learned the ‘give me paw’ trick. Oh, and did I tell you about how I snuggled my owner throughout all five seasons of Breaking Bad when he decided to binge-watch before the finale.
But let’s get to the point. This is what I want:
1. One of those stuffed animals that looks like a snake (I’m trying to overcome my ophidiophobia this year)
2. A pair of Nike sneakers that I have permission to completely destroy and/or eat
3. A bag of freeze-dried chicken treats
4. An In-N-Out double-double cheeseburger
5. One memory-foam dog bed with an Egyptian cotton cover (this maltipoo I met uptown has one and says it’s life-changing)
6. One 12-hour straight belly rub massage
Licks and cuddles,