Quick Hits: Horses at the Inauguration, One Sarcastic Parrot
These pet stories are worth a click.
These stories are worth a click:
* The best seats at the inauguration, at least for your health, are the ones on horse’s backs, a new study says. –Discovery
* Mike, a 6-year-old Belgian Malinois, is one of four military dogs are working the inauguration, protecting the president as part of the 3rd Infantry Regiment, or “The Old Guard.” –ArkAnimals
* A sarcastic parrot has learned to imitate his owners voice and words–a skill he uses to command around the other household pets and drive them nuts. ––National Post
* Long-time pets surrendered at shelters are the victims of the recession –LA Times
* The Safe Haven Equine Rescue in Texas is running out of food and places to keep all the surrendered horses they’re getting. –Marshall News Messenger