Quick Hits: Dogs Hunt for Easter Eggs! Plus: Help a Cat Rescuer in Tennessee
These stories are worth a click.
These stories are worth a click:
* A new law in New Mexico will charge cruelty violators for the care of their animals while awaiting trial. The law is designed to recover costs and convince hoarders to give up custody. – Las Cruces Sun-News
* A notorious Lancaster County kennel may finally be shut down after violating its record 2005 consumer-fraud settlement involving the sale of sick and defective dogs. The Puppy Love Kennel had changed its name to CC Pets L.L.C. – Philadelphia Enquirer
* The SPCA is investigating whether prominent New York thoroughbred breeder Ernie Paragallo neglected or abused the 125 horses on his 511-acre farm. A horse transporter says his horses were “bags of bones, literally walking hides.” – New York Times
* A cat rescuer in Tennessee needs help after a medical and financial crisis. She’s asking kitty lovers to pitch in by driving a cat to its new home, sending food or buying her cat cards on Etsy, among other requests. – Catster
* New signs of dog-fighting in suburbia. – Petside.com