Quick Hits: Does Your Pet Have a Human Name? Plus: Dog Kangaroos!
These stories are worth a click
These stories are worth a click:
* A new AP poll says that half of pet owners give their pets human names likes Jack or Sophie.–AP
* Cute and Bambi, two dogs born with only their back legs, have been dubbed “dog kangaroos” by revelers in Quezon City, Philippines.–LA Times
* Whale watching generates far more money than whale hunting, according to a report released at the International Whaling Commission.–BBC
* One of Japan’s largest animal medical centers is putting the call out for dog blood donations. More blood is needed because of the rising number of surgeries for aging pets.–Reuters
* Police in Morgan County, Kansas, are still looking for a pet alligator that was reported missing two weeks ago near the Lake of Ozarks.–KansasCity.com