Oldest Living Cat's Instagram Page Is Way More Interesting than Yours
Corduroy has 10,000 followers thanks to his regular, aww-mazing updates
He was born August 1, 1989 — just think about that for a second.
Were you even born yet?
Either way, Corduroy has lived way more than you have and the proof is on his adorable Instagram page, which has a hefty 10,000 followers thanks to regular updates that have us in awe. (Aww? Indeed.)
The fluffy tabby — who was named the oldest living cat by Guinness World Records last year — is more active than most young cats we know. He trots upstairs, goes for walks outside, sits on paper like a pro, and, clearly, has learned a lot in his quarter century on the planet.
Here are five very important life lessons Corduroy has taught our cats via his Instagram page:
1. The Roomba cleans floors and is no place for a cat to be sitting (childish, that’s one word for all the Internet-famous pets who’ve taken them for a ride).
2. As a cat, your job in life is to make your owner famous. In one Instagram post, Corduroy shows us his multi-page feature in the U.K.’s Your Cat magazine with an approving eye.
3. You’re never too old to bat a toy mouse. Corduroy is 26 and is still thwap-ing those things around like a barn cat on his lunch break!
4. If you see a glass of water, just assume that it’s yours — because why else would it be sitting there?
5. When a door closes, meow, and another one will open.
So, wondering how old your cat is in human years now? For the mathematically challenged, use a handy-dandy cat age calculator online, or, add 15 years for your cat’s first year of life, then add 10 years for the second year of life. After that, add 4 years for every cat year and you have your answer!