Vale Wildlife Hospital
placeholder
June 09, 2016 07:47 PM

This seagull was just minding his business, eating curry out of a waste container full of the stuff, when he fell in and got drenched in greasy, orange sauce.

Fortunately for the bird, who turned orange from the dip, workers at a food factory in Wales brought him to volunteers at the Vale Wildlife Hospital, where the staff washed the seagull’s feathers until they turned back to their normal hue.

The smell of curry, however, has lingered, according to a veterinary nurse at the hospital.

“We’ve cleaned him up and he is doing well, with no upset tummy! Hopefully he’ll stick to a much more bland diet in the future!!” Lucy Kells posted on Facebook. “Need to think of a good curry related name for him now — how about ‘Korma the gull’!?”

Staff have been feeding the bird, nicknamed “Gullfrazie” on Facebook,  meat, and pet food to build up his weight, according to The Guardian.

“He is a bit skinny, so we are building his strength up a bit,” Kells said. “I guess that’s why he was trying to get a piece of meat from the vat and fell in.”

The Guardian reports that Gullfrazie will be transferred to an outside aviary so his feathers can “re-waterproof” and then he’ll be released into the wild, where hopefully he will discontinue his practice of eating curry from random trash bins.

You May Like

EDIT POST