Dear Chunk: Stars Pen Letters to Their Pets
PUT IT IN WRITING
Started by Kimi Culp, Lisa Erspamer and Robin Layton, A Letter to My Dog asks visitors of the site to write a few sweet words about their pets. The resulting book, featuring portraits taken by Layton, is a compilation of the best entries, including several of Hollywood’s biggest animal lovers. Click on to see what , Chelsea Handler and more stars had to say to their pets.
"Thank you for making me a mommy. You will always be my main man."
– The comedienne, to German shepherd-Chow mix Chunk, whom she helped rescue from a shelter in 2009
"With you, I can be weak, I can be insecure, completely flawed and utterly useless, yet you love me all the same."
– The actor, to chocolate Labrador Millie
"Can’t imagine my life without you and I don’t wanna!"
– The on-the-mend Good Morning America anchor, on dog KJ
"You are a magical creature and I witness you as you cast your loving spell on all who cross your path."
– The Happily Divorced star, to Pomeranian Esther, who’s shared that magic on the red carpet
"It was definitely puppy love at first sight. Our first night together sealed our deal forever."
– The , to cocker spaniel Sadie, a constant presence in her life
"Now I know that happiness is also something that can lick your face, jump up onto your lap and run around in excited circles when I come home, and make me laugh out loud."
– The Grammy winner, on dog Happy