Growing up as Ariana Grande’s puppy, Toulouse Grande is accustomed to life in the spotlight. But now that Toulouse is the new face of Coach Pups, a high-end dog accessories line, that light is about to get a whole lot brighter.
While Toulouse’s pop star mom couldn’t attend the glam New York launch party celebrating his collaboration with Coach, Grande is clearly jazzed for him. (No signs of rivalry quite yet). “I’m so excited to have Toulouse starring in the Coach Pups campaign and to partner with Coach in efforts to protect animals from cruelty and harm,” she said in a statement.
So who is Toulouse, really? The 2-year-old dog, who joins Lady Gaga’s Asia Kinney as a fellow Coach ambassador, is about to blow up. (Seriously, watch out, Ari.) We attended the New York event and hung out with the four-legged fashionista himself. Here’s everything you need to know:
1. He’s, like, beyond obsessed with treats. Eating and smelling them, mostly.
“I’m pro-treats. Always have been, always will be,” we imagine him saying, after we saw him jump enthusiastically by the puppy refreshments table.
2. His grandmother, Joan Grande, loves him very much.
He also loves his grandmother. They are very good friends. They cuddle all the time.
3. He’s nice to other dogs, but do not get on his bad side.
He’s not here to make friends – he’s here to disrupt the fashion industry. Probably.
4. He hates it when people compare him to Ariana.
Like, he’s his own dog. He refuses to live in the shadow of someone else’s dream, as they say.
5. He’s not a diva – he just knows what he likes … routine massages being one of those things.
Work hard, play hard.