Single in the city? Let your canine be your wingman with the help of our pet expert
You’re sitting at the dog park with your pooch, when a certain someone catches your eye–and we’re not talking about that beagle. So how do you sniff out the situation without looking like a Chihuahua in heat? To help you make the first move, we asked our favorite canine counselor, author Betsy Rosenfeld (The Complete Single’s Guide to Being a Dog Owner), to unleash her best pick-up lines. (Warning: always check for wedding rings and nearby human companions first!)
1. That’s a nice dog. Does it have a phone number?
2. Is that your dog’s tail wagging or are you just happy to see me?
3. Oh, that’s a great looking dog! Can I pet you–I mean, him?
4. My dog is humping your dog. It must be fate!
5. Would you like to go on a poop-duty double date?
Think you can do better? Share your dog park pick-up lines in the comments below. And, check out Hollywood’s Hottest Bachelors, in the new issue of PEOPLE, on stands now.