Some of you may remember that I was scheduled to speak at SxSW in Austin, TX a few weeks ago. My panel, Independent Success: Bloggers Who Made It, also included Jill Fehrenbacher Publisher/CEO of Inhabitat,Ken Fisher, Editor-in-Chief of Ars Technica,Monish Bhatia Executive Publisher of MacNN.com/LeftlaneNews.com, and was moderated by Federated Media‘s Neil Chase.
- Silicon Florist blogger Rick Turoczy twittered my comment that prior to starting CBB, I was a blog widow.
- I don't know who this guy "funkatron" is but at SXSW, he twittered "I likey Danielle Friedland."
- The ballroom we were in was intimidatingly HUGE. They had the keynote speaker in there after us- that's how big it was.
- On the TVO blog, The Agenda, Steve Paikin noted that one of my milestones of blogging success was having Josh quit his job to take care of Anya.
- For more highlights of the panel, read Austin Statesman's Lilly Rockwell's blog post.
Here are some photos that audience members took. I'm third from the right.
- Independent Success: Bloggers Who Made It
- Tuesday, March 11th, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, Room A
- What makes a blog a success?Not the famous giant "here's $100 million for your startup" kind ofsuccess, but a business that's big enough to let the founders do whatthey intended, remain independent and provide great editorial qualityand strong communities online. Meet four publishers who've done justthat in diverse topic areas: Tech, Autos, Design, Celebrities. We'lldig into why they're successful, pry secret tips out of them, hearabout their failures along the way and try to use their experiences tobuild a recipe for guaranteed success. Or at least a way to improve thechances. These four have been at it for years (two of them for a decadenow) so they've learned plenty of lessons.