The actress is due in the fall and the couple are "very excited," a source tells PEOPLE
Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. are expecting their first child together, a source close to the couple confirms exclusively to PEOPLE. “They’re very excited,” says the source, adding that the actress, 31, is due in the fall.
Gellar, who has been married to Prinze, 33, for six years, will next shoot the HBO pilot The Wonderful Maladays, for which she serves as an executive producer. Prinze recently shot the comedy pilot No Heroics for ABC.
• Photo Special: Who’s Due Next? (From Celebrity Baby Blog)
• 2002: An earthquake rocks Sarah & Freddie’s dream wedding!
• PEOPLE Covers: Hollywood’s baby boom
• 2005: Freddie reveals his secret to a happy marriage
• Read how Freddie and Sarah fell in love!