"We would like to thank everyone – staff, patients and visitors – for their understanding during this time"
And “mother, son and father are all doing well this morning,” a spokesman reports early Tuesday.
In their first joint statement since welcoming the Prince of Cambridge, the couple, both 31, said, “We would like to thank the staff at the Lindo Wing and the whole hospital for the tremendous care the three of us have received.
“We know it has been a very busy period for the hospital and we would like to thank everyone – staff, patients and visitors – for their understanding during this time.”
The couple might not leave St. Mary’s Hospital until after 6 p.m. London time at the earliest.
More on the Royal Baby:
• The Only 5 Photos You Need to See of the Royal Baby
• How Royal Babies Make Their Grand Debut
• See How the World Welcomed the Royal Baby
• What Will Kate & William Name Their Baby?
• Will & Kate’s Road to Parenthood