Mission Statement, draft
Reading through the over 2,200 responses to our Third Annual Reader Survey/Giveaway, I was struck by the positive feedback we have received so far. It occurred to me that it would be a good idea to compose a mission statement that states our objectives. Because I am always interested in what our readers think, I would like to ask for your feedback. When you comment (or email), please offer constructive criticism on how we can reword specific sentences.
Here is what we have so far. (I have listed each sentence out to make it easy to comment on but when it’s done, it will be in a paragraph.)
- Featuring photos, news, commentary and style trends, the Celebrity Baby Blog is the authority for information about celebrity babies and their famous parents.
- The original web site on the subject, the Celebrity Baby Blog prides itself on its professionalism,
objectivism,respect towards celebrities and readers, and original content.
- While we strive for objectivity in most matters, we do promote attachment parenting and hope to educate, instead of lecture. (Attachment parenting emphasizes breastfeeding, babywearing, and gentle discipline.)
- The Celebrity Baby Blog celebrates pregnancy, adoption, and parenting, among celebrities and non-celebrities alike.
- Parenting is a great equalizer, as we all share a love for our children, whether we are famous or not.
- At the Celebrity Baby Blog, celebrity is used as a conversation starter about parenting issues that affect all of us.
- The Celebrity Baby Blog donates a portion of our profits to charities such as at-risk youth social programs and La Leche League International. (Our annual Holiday Project has in the past raised thousands of dollars and even more in product donations.)
- The Celebrity Baby Blog supports mompreneurs and small businesses by giving exposure to new and small brands.
- We run a respectful site and as such, do not allow readers to post comments that are insulting to celebrities, each other, or the staff of the Celebrity Baby Blog. We ask readers to consider if they would say what they are writing to the person’s face.
- We do not run photos where the parent clearly does not want the child photographed or the child is upset. We also do not knowingly run photos taken on private property because that is not legal in the US.
- The Celebrity Baby Blog only publishes photos and content that havebeen licensed or that it has received permission to use because itrespects the copyright of others. Similarly, we do not copy and paste text from other news sources or sites because that is plagiarism and infringes their copyright.
Thanks in advance for your help!