Doting Dads: The Cutest Quotes from Hollywood's Fathers
"I didn't think it was going to be this fun. But everything just gets heightened when you have a baby. The volume gets turned up on life. I never knew I could be this happy, and that's the truth."
– Jimmy Fallon on raising daughter Winnie Roseato PEOPLEa(he's since welcomed daughter Frances)
"For me, the greatest thing about being a dad is a tie between when I haven't seen my son in awhile and he runs to me and says, 'Daddy'aand when he's asleep and I'm carrying him to the bed."
– Taye Diggsaon spending time with his son, Walker Nathaniel,ato PEOPLE
"There are some things I understand, certain things I don't understand, certain things I like to get off my chest in interviews, certain things that I want to talk about. But when we talk about love, I don't have an answer. All I can say is that I'm happy I have it."
– Kanye West on daughter North,ato Interviewa
"I can only imagine, but I sometimes equate it to what it must be like running a prison … What happens with three boysais you end up barking out orders like, 'Upstairs now!' 'Brush teeth!' 'Lights out!' There is so much chaos you can't really take the time to articulate."
a– Will Ferrell on raising his three boys, Axel, Mattias and Magnus,ato PEOPLEa
"Fatherhood changes you from the inside out. It's not this thing where you think, 'Oh, I have to be responsible, I have to take more on.' You just want to, almost automatically."
– James Van Der Beek about life with kids Olivia, Joshua and Annabel, to PEOPLE
"After this many years, I know who I am. My life is not television. I'm a family man first and foremost."
– Carson Daly, dad to Jackson, Etta and baby on the way, to PEOPLE
"Being a father is certainly a task but the best one that I could ever ask for. Being home, being with the family – that's what it's about."
– Chris Hemsworth, dad to daughter India and twin boys Tristan and Sasha, to PEOPLE
"What I'm learning – and what's interesting – is that my wife has changed completely, and I'm sure that I have too. She sees it in me, and I see it in her, and we're stronger now because of it."
– Jason Biggs on the arrival of son Sid, to PEOPLE
"[She] wraps her arms around my neck and just gives me a good squeeze."
– Jack Osbourne on feeling the love from daughter Pearl, to PEOPLE
"That was a moment when I stared at her and thought, 'Now what? I am not qualified!'"
– Rascal Flatts bassist Jay DeMarcus on his first solo day of daddy duty with daughter Madeline, to PEOPLE
"We write it down in a journal. Any time the kids say a funny quote, we write it down … and then we read them out loud. It just shows how the time progressed."
– Mark-Paul Gosselaar on how he's chronicling Michael, Ava and Dekker's big moments, to PEOPLE
"I'm such a sucker for that kid when he smiles. He squints his eyes and he gets this big gummy smile, and it's just emotions I didn't know I had. I've become such a softie. I get tears in my eyes, and I get all excited."
– NCIS: Los Angeles star Eric Christian Olsen on son Wyatt, to PEOPLE