Elizabeth Mitchell, husband Daniel Littleton and daughter Storey perform on NPR
Singer Elizabeth Mitchell (not to be confused with the actress Elizabeth Mitchell who plays Juliet on Lost) and her husband/bandmate Daniel Littleton recently appeared and performed on NPR’s The Bryant Park Project as the band Ida. Their 6 year old daughter Storey sang with them.
Though Elizabeth is probably best known among the playground set for her children’s albums, You are My Little Bird, You are My Sunshine, You are My Flower, and Catch the Moon (which she made with fellow Brown University alumn Lisa Loeb), but she has also performed with
Her albums are a pleasure to listen to even for adults. They are sweet, gentle, folky, quiet, happy, but never cutesy. I especially love them because she has children sing with her. Her newest album, You are My Little Bird, even features a Velvet Underground cover!
- Listen to the podcast of their appearance.
- Watch their performance of the Ida song Green Green Rocky Road.
- Listen to Elizabeth’s "Nodcast Podcast" with legendary folk-children’s musician Ella Jenkins and daughter Storey at TheLandofNod.com.
- Order Elizabeth’s albums via their site.
- Ida‘s newest album, Lover’s Prayers, was released today on Polyvinyl Records.