CBB's Oscar Watch: A guide to nominated celeb parents
The Oscar nominations were announced this morning, and among them were many celebrity parents. Here are the awards that celebrity moms and dads are nominated for – the ceremony will air on February 25th at 8 pm EST and will be hosted by Ellen DeGeneres.
Best Actress in a Motion Picture
– Kate Winslet for Little Children – mom to daughter Mia, 6, and son Joe, 3.
–Judi Dench for Notes on a Scandal – mom to daughter Tara, aka finty, 34.
– Meryl Streep for The Devil Wears Prada – mom to son Henry, 27, and daughters Mary, 23, Grace, 20, and Louisa, 15.
Best Actor in a Motion Picture
– Will Smith for The Pursuit of Happyness – dad to son Trey, 14, son Jaden, 8, and daughter Willow, 5.
– Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland – dad to son Ocean, 16, daughters Sonnet, 10, and True, 8, and stepdad to Autumn, 15.
– Peter O’Toole for Venus– dad to daughters Kate, 45, and Pat and son Lorcan.
Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
– Cate Blanchett for Babel – mom to sons Dashiell, 5, and Roman, 2 ½.
Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
– Alan Arkin for Little Miss Sunshine – dad to sons Adam, 50, Matthew, 47, and Anthony, 29.
– Eddie Murphy for Dreamgirls – dad to daughter Bria, 17, sons Christian, 15, and Myles, 14, and daughters Shayne, 12, Zola, 6 ½, and Bella, 4 ½. Believed to be father of Mel B’s baby, due in late spring.
– Jackie Earle Haley for Little Children – dad to son Christopher, 20, and daughter Olivia, 8.
– Mark Wahlberg for The Departed – dad to daughter Ella, 3, and son Michael, 10 months.