Spears-Federline custody ruling comes down
Britney Spears, 25, and ex-husband Kevin Federline, 29, have a long list of rules to follow if they want to keep their boys — Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1. The results of custody case were revealed this evening, with the court finding Britney a ‘habitual, frequent, and continuous user of controlled substances.‘
Click below for the rules for both parents, and the additional ones required for Britney.
Both Kevin and Britney must adhere to the following:
- Neither can take Sean and Jayden out of state without the written consent of the other.
- They cannot make derogatory statements about each other.
- They both must complete the "Parenting Without Conflict" program — they must enroll by the end of this week.
- Britney and Kevin are both forbidden from using corporal punishment with the children or allowing anyone else to.
- They are required to engage in joint co-parenting counseling — both sides must decide on selection of a therapist by week’s end.
- Neither Britney nor Kevin may consume alcohol or non-prescription controlled substances 12 hours prior to taking custody of the children.
- They must ensure that any prospective childcare professionals hold valid Red Cross infant CPR training.
Britney must additionally:
- Attend individual counseling at least once a week to address parenting issues.
- Meet with a parenting coach for a minimum of 8 hours a week, in atleast two sessions a week. The coach is to observe her parenting skillsand her interaction with her sons and provide Kevin with a writtenprogress report by October 22. In addition, the coach will provide lawyers on both sides with written reports, and will appear in court at the ex-couple’s next hearing on Nov. 26.
- Based on the evidence presented, the Court found that thereis a habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances by Britney, and she will have to undergo testing for controlledsubstances and alcohol. The testing shall be conducted twice per weekon random dates and times, and the results will be forwarded to thecourt.
Custody will remain 50/50 for each parent if the rules are followed and Britney’s tests come back clean; Kevin’s request of 70/30 was not granted.