Entertainment Music Ozzy Osbourne Postpones Rest of 2019 Tour Dates as He Recovers from Health Scare "Words cannot express how frustrated, angry and depressed I am not to be able to tour right now," Ozzy Osbourne said in a statement By Jordan Runtagh Jordan Runtagh Twitter Jordan Runtagh is an Executive Podcast Producer at iHeartRadio, where he hosts a slate of pop culture shows including Too Much Information, Inside the Studio, Off the Record and Rivals: Music's Greatest Feuds. Previously, he served as a Music Editor at PEOPLE and VH1.com. He's written about art and entertainment for more than a decade, regularly contributing to outlets like Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly, and appearing as a guest on radio and television. Over the course of his career, he's profiled the surviving Beatles, Brian Wilson, Aretha Franklin, Roger Waters, David Byrne, Pete Townshend, Debbie Harry, Quincy Jones, Brian May, Jerry Lee Lewis, James Taylor and many more. A graduate of NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, he lives in Brooklyn, where he can be found DJing '60s soul records. People Editorial Guidelines Published on April 4, 2019 02:35 PM Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty After postponing a number of shows in the beginning of the year, Ozzy Osbourne has officially called off the rest of his 2019 performances. According to a statement released on Thursday, the self-proclaimed Prince of F—king Darkness will take some time off to recover from injuries he sustained while healing from a bout of pneumonia. Osbourne, who turned 70 in December, suffered a fall in his Los Angeles home, exacerbating injuries he sustained in a 2003 ATV accident. He underwent surgery last month and continues to heal. “I can’t believe I have to reschedule more tour dates,” Osbourne said in the statement. “Words cannot express how frustrated, angry and depressed I am not to be able to tour right now. I’m grateful for the love and support I’m getting from my family, my band, friends and fans, it’s really what’s keeping me going. Just know that I am getting better every day…I will fully recover…I will finish my tour…I will be back!” RELATED VIDEO: Jack Osbourne Reveals How Much Ozzy Disliked Filming The Osbournes In early February, Osbourne announced he was postponing the first four dates of his No More Tour 2 due to his illness. However, when the “Crazy Train” singer paid his doctor a second visit, he was diagnosed with a severe upper-respiratory infection, the musician’s rep said in a statement at the time. Because of the toll touring takes on his body and his extensive travel schedule in severe winter conditions, the doctor feared the infection could develop into pneumonia. Weeks after postponing the European dates, he then axed more dates in Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Ozzy Osbourne Cancels Shows to Recover from Pneumonia: He’s ‘Through the Worst’ Says Sharon In October, the legendary rocker, who underwent hand surgery at Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center earlier that month, recalled how he “freaked out” when he discovered his right hand had swelled up after contracting a potentially deadly staph infection — and his thumb was 10 times bigger than usual “the size of a f—in’ lightbulb.” Describing his surgery, Osbourne remembered the “agony” of getting the flesh in his hand cleaned out. “I could hardly move. I really had no energy,” he said to Rolling Stone. Sharon Osbourne Shares Health Update on Husband Ozzy After His Hand Surgery as He Cancels Tour Greg Doherty/Getty “They cut all this stuff out. Even with the numbing stuff, it was agony. It wasn’t pus, but it was the stage after pus, when it gets in the blood and goes in your body and f—ing kills you,” Osbourne told the outlet. As for how he contracted the infections, Osbourne recalled how meeting his fans may have affected his health. “The doctor said to me, ‘Can you remember talking to someone and shaking hands?’ Well, I do that meet and greet at the gig and I must shake f—ing 200 hands a day. He said, ‘That explains it,’” he said to Rolling Stone. In November 2017, Osbourne announced his global “farewell world tour” from 2018 to 2020. “I’m looking at this final tour as being a huge celebration for my fans and anyone who has enjoyed my music over the past five decades,” Osbourne said at the time.