Original '90s Mouseketeers Reunite for Christmas Album: It's 'Truly a Blessing'
We've got ears — say, "Cheers!"
Castmembers from Disney's iconic 'All New' Mickey Mouse Club are reuniting for the ultimate Christmas album — and it's all for a good cause.
Seventeen of the Mouseketeers who starred in the '90s show are coming together for Why? Because It's Christmas — a 17-track album featuring renditions of some of the notable Christmas carols. The record dropped on Nov. 11 and proceeds will go toward those severely affected by the coronavirus pandemic through MusiCares and The Brave of Heart Fund.
"Some of my most memorable childhood experiences happened during my time on The 'All New' Mickey Mouse Club," Magno Hall, 45, tells PEOPLE. "I am eternally grateful to have had the opportunity to work and play alongside some of the most talented, hard-working people in the business."
"To still be close with so many of my MMC brothers & sisters today, some of us having children nearly the same age we were when we met, is truly a blessing and a mind trip!" she adds. (She's featured on two tracks, including "Birthday of a King.")
Forty-four-year-old Bennett — who recently performed at the Billboard Music Awards with her group En Vogue — is featured on two tracks, including "Go Tell It on the Mountain" and "O Come, All Ye Faithful."
"I'm really grateful to be with my Mouseke-brothers and sisters again, still doing what we cherish together," she says. "Not only do I hope it's a treat for fans and new listeners alike, but I feel like we just gave a gift to each other too."
Lucca, 44, who finished third place on the second season of The Voice, is credited as an executive producer for the record. He also sings on "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen," "What Christmas Means to Me," "What Child Is This?" and "Auld Lang Syne."
"It would be one thing to be afforded the opportunity to work with such world-class talent as this cast clearly has. But the fact that these are some of the closest friends I've had the pleasure to know in my lifetime takes a collaboration like this to a whole new level," he says. "I could not be more proud of the bond we've managed to maintain let alone what we were able to put together during these wildly challenging times."
"Being able to benefit heroes like the folks from The Brave of Heart Fund and all the good people at MusiCares makes the whole project that much more fulfilling," he adds. "And what a blast to have a front-row seat to the whole thing. This truly has been a career highlight for me."
Why? Because It's Christmas' Tracklist:
- Go Tell It On The Mountain – MMC’89 Group (feat. Chasen Hampton, Rhona Bennett, Dale Godboldo, Jennifer McGill)
- Angels From The Realms of Glory – Raquel Herring
- Birthday Of A King – Deedee Magno Hall
- Baby Jesus (Interlude) – Everly Love Hampton & Chasen Hampton
- Away In A Manger – Chasen Hampton
- O Come, All Ye Faithful – Rhona Bennett
- God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen – Jason Carson (feat. The Voice’s Tony Lucca)
- What Child Is This? – Nita Young & Tony Lucca
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel – Tasha Danner
- The First Noel – David Kater
- O Holy Night – Mylin Brooks – Stoddard (feat. Deedee Magno Hall)
- Jolly Old St. Nicholas – TJ Fantini
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem – Lindsey Alley
- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear – Jennifer McGill
- Auld Lang Syne – The Voice’s Tony Lucca
- A Visit From St. Nicholas (A Poem) – Marc Worden
- What Christmas Means To Me - Nikki DeLoach (feat. Tony Lucca)