Mandy Moore Eyes Return to Music: 'I've Decided I'm Putting It Out There!'
Many Moore tells PEOPLE that she may have a new album on the horizon in 2018
Mandy Moore is missing music like candy.
The actress and one-time popstar tells PEOPLE that one of the ways she likes to unwind after a long day of shooting This is Us is through singing. She also revealed that a new album may be on the horizon.
“I want to return to music,” Moore says. “I don’t have a record label, but I have a lot of music written. Next year, I’ve decided I’m putting it out there!”
Moore has also teamed up with global biopharmaceutical company Merck to launch the Her Life. Her Adventures campaign, with the goal of encouraging women to incorporate birth control options into their life.
“I’m really passionate about using my platform to inspire dialogue around women’s health and to encourage women to talk to their doctors about family planning,” she says.
- For more from Moore, pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
The “Candy” singer also tells PEOPLE that she has considered starting a family.
“I would definitely get married again,” Moore says. “My life has sort of taken unexpected twists and turns professionally and personally, but overall my journey is the reason I am here today and I feel fulfilled by everything that happened.”
FROM PEN: Milo Ventimiglia Talks Jack’s Death On ‘This Is Us’
Moore recently celebrated her two-year anniversary with boyfriend Taylor Goldsmith, guitarist for the indie rock band Dawes. “The best 2 years. Never not smiling with you, T,” she captioned a photo of the pair on Instagram.
In 2016, Moore and musician Ryan Adams divorced after six years of marriage.
- Unorthodox Director Maria Schrader Says She Immediately Knew Shira Haas Was the Right Esty
- Emmy Nominee Kenan Thompson on What It Would Take for Him to Leave SNL After 17 Years
- Mourners Pay Their Respects to Ruth Bader Ginsburg at Supreme Court Vigil: 'She Was Holding on for Us'
- Barbara Bush Talks Life in COVID-19: Hunkering Down at Her Parents’ Ranch and Volunteering as a Poll Worker