placeholder
December 20, 2017 02:35 PM

Following Lil Peep’s untimely death at the age of 21 last month, his mother is keeping his music alive.

Liza Womack, the mother of the rapper whose real name was Gustav Åhr, released the music video for “Save That S—,” a track off his debut album Come Over When You’re Sober (Part One), on Wednesday.

“It’s been a hard time for all of us who loved Gus and we are going through the process of coming to terms with our loss,” Womack said in a statement. “Peep would have wanted his collaborators to move forward with his plan for the release of music and visuals in 2018 as he had originally intended. So today, we are starting that process by releasing the video for ‘Save That S—.'”

The video, directed by Mezzy and Heavy Rayn, opens with a dedication from Lil Peep’s mother and features candid footage featuring the late singer performing live. Interspersed is footage of a woman going through her day, waiting for Lil Peep to respond to her texts.

RELATED VIDEO: Lil Peep Dead At 21: Emotional Bella Thorne Mourns Rapper Ex as Celebs Pay Tribute

The aspiring musician was found unresponsive Nov. 15 on his tour bus in Tucson, Arizona. Despite the efforts of medical personnel, he was pronounced dead at the scene, the Tucson Police Department confirmed last month.

TMZ reported earlier this month the YouTube star died from an overdose of fentanyl and Xanax, citing a toxicology report from Pima County Medical Examiner in which the medical examiner marked the cause of death accidental.

Lil Peep’s blood also reportedly tested positive for marijuana, cocaine and the painkiller Tramadol. His urine tested positive for all of those drugs, along with multiple powerful opiates, including Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Oxycodone and Oxymorphone. There was no alcohol in his system.

Lil Peep
Swan Gallet/WWD/REX/Shutterstock

At the time, Peep’s older brother, Karl Åher (who goes by Oskar) told PEOPLE exclusively that the pill Peep took may have been laced and caused his death accidentally.

“We have heard there was some sort of substance he did not expect to be involved in the substance he was taking,” Oskar, 23, said. “He thought he could take what he did, but he had been given something and he didn’t realize what it was.”

As to the possibility of it being an intentional overdose, Oskar said Peep “was not struggling” at the time and that finding out about his death was a complete shock.

“It was an accident, it really was an accident,” Oskar explained. “He was super happy with where he was in life.”

You May Like

EDIT POST