With all eyes on the five-time nominee (well, and her big powerhouse competitor Beyoncé) the 25 singer gave a master class in how to dazzle the cameras as she made her way into the ceremony.
To prepare for your next trip down the red carpet, check out Adele’s invaluable guide to winning the music industry’s biggest night.
1. Wear a dress that looks like it was custom made by your fairy godmother. Complete the look with a makeup job fit for the dewy, flawless princess you are.
2. Remind everyone that you don’t take yourself too seriously (despite having every right to do so).
3. Let everyone know what pleases you by pointing at it.
4. Wave to your adoring fans.
5. And make their entire lives by stopping to say ‘Hi.’
6. Gracefully avoid tripping over your dress.
7. Wave some more.
8. Make sure to show off every immaculate angle of your gown.
9. Look at everyone you pass as if they were your bestie (they all want to be anyway).
RELATED VIDEO: What Music’s Biggest Stars Wore to Their First Grammy Awards
10. Manage to get a few good smolder shots in…
11. … Even though you are obviously filled with glee.
12. Leave them wanting more.
To watch the full PEOPLE and Entertainment Weekly Grammy Red Carpet special, tune in to the People/Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). Go to PEOPLE.com/PEN, or download the app for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xumo, Chromecast, Xfinity, iOS and Android devices.