Drake has some sad news for fans in Toronto, Philadelphia and Newark, New Jersey

By Char Adams
October 06, 2016 07:43 AM
Advertisement
DRAKE
Credit: Dan MacMedan/WireImage

Drake has some sad news for fans in Toronto, Philadelphia and Newark, New Jersey.

The 29-year-old rapper has postponed upcoming Summer Sixteen tour dates in the cities on doctor’s orders after suffering an ankle injury, he announced in a statement on OVO’s blog.

“I am crushed to even be typing this announcement because I feel like I am letting my fans in these cities down,” the “Controlla” rapper wrote.

“I hate to be told I can’t do something, but under doctor’s orders to allow me time to recuperate, I am being forced to postpone the intense three shows in a row in cities which have only ever shown me unconditional support.”

RELATED VIDEO: WATCH: Are You Ready for a Kanye West and Drake Collab Album?! Kanye Confirms It’s Happening!

He wrote that he has done more than 50 shows on the tour alongside rapper Future, and will resume with the second of two planned dates at Newark’s MetLife Stadium.

Drake promised to return to the tour with “new music and a stronger ankle.”

This is not the first time Drake has had to alter the highly-anticipated tour. In June — just one month before the tour kicked off — he canceled all VIP packages, a source previously told PEOPLE.

The packages sold for up to $1,000 and some included a photo opportunity, the source said. The insider added that the sessions were canceled due to “scheduling issues” and fans were receiving refunds.