Zac Efron Considers Australia ‘His Home’ After Relocating, Says Source: ‘He Keeps Looking at Properties’
Zac Efron might have finally found what he's been looking for.
After meeting Vanessa Valladares in June while she was working at the Byron Bay General Store in Australia (where Efron moved last year), the two started dating and recently spent Christmas and New Year's together down under. The actor, 33, put his L.A. home on the market in December and wants to lay down roots in Australia, an insider says in this week's issue of PEOPLE.
"As of now, he has no plans to live permanently in L.A. again," the source says. "He loves Australia and considers it his home."
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free weekly newsletter to get the biggest news of the week delivered to your inbox every Friday.
Efron — currently on a break from filming the upcoming thriller Gold in Adelaide — and Valladares held hands while grabbing dinner with some friends in Sydney on Friday. Three days later, the couple soaked up the sun at Vaucluse beach.
RELATED VIDEO: How Shark Diving with Zac Efron Inspired Adam DeVine's 'Bad Ideas': 'It Was Terrifying'
"They are not engaged but seem very happy," a second source says. The insider reiterates that the High School Musical alum wants to make a life for himself in Australia: "He keeps looking at properties.
In October, another source told PEOPLE that Efron spent his 33rd birthday with his girlfriend in Australia.
• For more on Zac Efron, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on stands Friday
"Zac and Vanessa are very happy. They celebrated Zac's birthday with friends before the weekend," the insider said at the time. "Their relationship is very serious. Vanessa lives with Zac in Byron Bay."
- Emma Roberts and Garrett Hedlund Split, 'Trying Their Best' to Co-Parent Baby Rhodes: Sources
- Kelly Osbourne and Sid Wilson Are 'Very Happy Together' After Meeting Over Two Decades Ago: Source
- RHOSLC's Mary Cosby 'Has Not Filmed' for Season 3 After Skipping Season 2 Reunion, Source Says
- Ant Anstead on How His 'Passion Project' Turned Into His Latest TV Show: 'Really Exciting'