"Thank you to all my fellow co-stars for the daily effort and grind," Johnson wrote
On Friday, The Rock announced he officially wrapped production on Fast 8, and gave shout-outs to director F. Gary Gray, specific cast members as well as the crew.
“Finished strong and on to the next. That’s an officially wrap on #FastAndFurious8. Thank you to our director @fgarygray for the vision and execution,” Johnson, 44, began his post.
“Thank you to all my fellow co-stars for the daily effort and grind. Scott Eastwood you handsome sumbitch! Natalie Emmanuel I have a cold Budweiser ready for you and Tyrese Gibson you still have the biggest smile and forehead I’ve ever seen,” he continued.
Diesel was noticeably left out of Johnson’s message. Eastwood, Emmanuel and Gibson were the only three cast members mentioned.
The bad blood between Diesel and Johnson first became public when the latter called out his male costars on social media. “Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don’t. The ones that don’t are too chicken s— to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses,” Johnson wrote.
Production on the upcoming sequel began in May, and “tension had been building for months,” a source told PEOPLE.
Despite the bump in the road, Johnson concluded Friday’s post with a heartfelt dedication to the rest of the Fast 8 team.
“A huge THANK YOU to our hard working production crew – the backbone of our business. Your kind words meant a lot to me last night – thank you!” he said.
Adding, “In the end, we all rallied, as great teams do, kicked ass and will deliver an amazing movie to the world. Proud of our entire FAST FAMILY.”
A ninth and 10th installment in the Fast & Furious franchise are being planned.