August 24, 2016 10:30 AM

Jason Statham isn’t putting himself in the middle of any drama between his Fast 8 costars, amid reports that Vin Diesel and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson were locked in a feud on the set of the sequel.

“I stay out of any bickering or any troubles that people have,” Statham, 49, recently told PEOPLE when asked about Johnson’s controversial Instagram post lashing out at some of his male costars on Fast 8. “I have nothing to do with it and I don’t want any part of it.”

In the lengthy rant, Johnson publicly called out “some” of his male costars for being “chicken s—-” and “candy a—-.” A source later told PEOPLE that tension had been building for months on the set between Johnson and Vin Diesel.

“Look, Dwayne’s his own man and what he says he’s entitled to say in his own way,” Statham told PEOPLE while promoting his upcoming movie Mechanic: Resurrection in Beverly Hills. “And what he wants to say – you’ve got to ask him.”

Jason Statham
Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic

Earlier this week, Johnson failed to thank Diesel in another Instagram post, in which he gave props to other actors on the film like Tyrese Gibson and Scott Eastwood.

Plus, Statham – who reprises his role as Deckard Shaw in the franchise’s latest installment – said he’s “a good friend of Dwayne’s” and he’d “like to keep it that way.”

As for Statham’s own take working on Fast 8, he said, “I loved the whole experience of working with that whole crew and the team – and the cast has just been phenomenal.”

Audiences can catch Statham in Mechanic: Resurrection starting Friday.

You May Like

EDIT POST