Jeff Bezos Is 'Very Happy' with Lauren Sanchez — But 'There Is No Wedding Planning': Source
The Amazon CEO and founder announced in January that he and his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie, were splitting
The world’s richest man — and his ex-wife — celebrated their own independence over the long July 4 weekend.
On July 5, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos finalized his divorce from his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie, six months after they first announced their separation. MacKenzie, 49, will keep a $38.3 billion stake in her ex-husband’s company, and she plans to donate half of the money as part of the Giving Pledge, a list of billionaires who pledge to donate half of their fortune. The author’s stake makes her the 22nd richest person in the world, according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index.
Meanwhile Bezos, 55, and his girlfriend, TV host and actress Lauren Sanchez are going strong, having stepped out at restaurants and the theater in New York City over the last few months. “Things are going great,” a source tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue.
RELATED VIDEO: Jeff Bezos’ and Lauren Sanchez’s Spouses Knew About Their Romance For Months, Says Source
But despite rumors, the couple — whose relationship went public in January as Bezos announced his split — aren’t rushing to the altar. “There is no wedding planning,” says a source, but “they’re very happy.”
• For more on Jeff Bezos, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on stands Friday
Bezos will also continue to co-parent the four children he shares with his ex-wife. “They will be adult about it and share parenting,” another source told PEOPLE earlier this year.
- PEOPLE (the TV Show!)'s New Contributor Gretchen Carlson Wants to Tell Stories that Empower Women
- Cher, Bon Jovi and More Will Appear at Star-Studded Concert in Support of Biden Campaign
- Pregnant Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross Share Stunning Maternity Photo as They Await Son's Arrival
- 'You Have the Power to Change Lives': GoFundMe Expands Causes Program in Push for COVID Relief