Carrie Fisher to Harrison Ford: 'Can I Drive Next Time?'
Ford's Star Wars costar says he has "incredible bounce back"
“I know you have incredible bounce back, please take a bounce break for awhile. Can I drive next time?” Fisher told PEOPLE in a message to her Star Wars costar.
This is the third aviation accident for the actor – he walked away from two minor crashes, one in 1999 and another in 2000. And he was injured on the set of the upcoming Star Wars movie while shooting in England last year.
Ford, 72, is getting well wishes from his other Star Wars costars as well, including Mark Hamill, who Tweeted Thursday, “Glad to hear Harrison is doing well. Get well soon. May all his future flights be green-screen!”
Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) also Tweeted their well-wishes to Ford.
• Reporting by ELIZABETH LEONARD
More on Harrison Ford’s plane crash:
• Harrison Ford in Stable Condition After Plane Crash
• Harrison Ford Suffered ‘Bad Laceration’ to Scalp in Plane Crash, Says Eyewitness
• Harrison Ford Plane Crash: Eyewitnesses Describe ‘Sputtering’ Plane, Hearing a ‘Boom’
• Harrison Ford Is ‘Battered but OK,’ Son Says
• Inside Harrison Ford’s Passion for Flying – and Scariest Crashes
• Aviation Expert on Harrison Ford’s Crash Landing: ‘Everything He Did Was Perfect’
• Twitter Flooded with Show of Support for Harrison Ford After Plane Crash