It's Official: The Frozen Sequel Is Happening!
The hit film's co-directors are returning for Frozen 2, Disney announced on Thursday
In the least surprising, yet most welcome, news of the day, Disney announced Thursday that they are making a Frozen sequel.
The announcement was made at a Disney shareholder meeting, where the company’s chief Bob Iger showed attendees the new Frozen Fever short and confirmed that the hit’s co-directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck will both be involved in Frozen 2.
“We enjoyed making Frozen Fever so much and being back in that world with those characters,” said John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios. “Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck have come up with a great idea for a sequel and you will be hearing a lot more about it and we’re taking you back to Arendelle. We are so excited about that.”
“Let It Go” singer Menzel, 43, confirmed in November that a sequel was in the works, telling the Telegraph that she was looking forward to reprising her role as ice queen Elsa on the big screen. “Hopefully,” she said. “We’ll see. I’m just going along for the ride.”
Summing up the feelings of excited fans, Bell, 34, Tweeted a picture of herself smiling as she rested her head on a bag of ice, writing, “Dreams really do come 2!!!”
More on Frozen:
• 37 Covers of Frozen‘s ‘Let It Go’
• Kristen Bell: I’m Worried My Daughters Won’t Like Frozen
• Little Girl Throws Tantrum When Dad Gets Words to Frozen Song Wrong
• See Anna and Elsa in Frozen Fever First Look
• Listen to Lea Michele Sing ‘Let It Go’ on Glee
• Mayim Bialik Doesn’t Like Frozen and Isn’t Afraid to Tell You Why
• Frozen Director Jennifer Lee to Adapt A Wrinkle in Time