Amy Schumer Didn't 'Want to Settle' for Anyone Before Marrying Chris Fischer: 'I'm Not a Fool'
"I’m not impulsive like that," Amy Schumer tells Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin of The View on Friday
Amy Schumer wasn’t going to marry just anyone.
Speaking about her marriage to husband Chris Fischer, the I Feel Pretty star tells Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin of The View, in an episode airing on Friday, that she did not rush into walking down the aisle.
“You know that I’m not like a fool. I’m not impulsive like that,” Schumer, 36, says after Behar tells her about some of the worries the co-hosts had upon learning that the actress got married to Fischer after dating for a short time.
“We have known each other for about a year now and we’ve been living together already for six months,” Schumer explains. “So you know it’s not a long courtship but it’s not like we had a great weekend in Vegas and threw in the towel.”
The Trainwreck star and the James Beard Award-winning cookbook author were married in a surprise ceremony in front of 80 guests at an outdoor ceremony in Malibu on Feb. 13. The star-studded wedding — which was attended by celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Aniston and Larry David — came just three months after Schumer, 36, and Fischer, 38 were first photographed together.
- Want to keep up on the latest from PEOPLE? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our best stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox.
RELATED VIDEO: Amy Schumer Talks About Her New Marriage on The View
“I’m 36. I love my family, my friends, my work. I was like, ‘I’ll die alone. I don’t care.’ I’m not going to settle. I don’t want to settle,” Schumer says. “I met the one.”
On Tuesday, she and Fischer walked their first red carpet together as newlyweds at the premiere of I Feel Pretty. And they certainly weren’t trying to hide their wedded bliss as the couple shared a sweet kiss for the cameras.
I Feel Pretty hits theaters April 20.
The View airs weekdays at 11 a.m. ET on ABC.
- Couple Who Went from 0 to 9 Kids in 3 Years Says Life Is 'Definitely Chaotic & Definitely Beautiful'
- Kristin Cavallari Has 'Open Dialogue' with Her Kids amid New Normal: Want Them to See Me 'Happy'
- Costume Designer Ruth Carter Recalls the First Time She Saw Chadwick Boseman in Black Panther Suit
- Former Pussycat Doll Seeks Help from Female Surgeon for Labia Injury in Dr. 90210 Premiere