Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale Is Just Around the Corner — but You Can Browse Everything on Sale Now
Start adding your favorite pieces to your “Wish List” today
Any frequent Nordstrom shopper knows the Anniversary Sale is one of its biggest and most popular events of the year — it’s the best time to score some of the most amazing savings at the department store. But in case you’re unfamiliar, we’re here to give you all the details. The two-week-long event typically offers majorly discounted prices on thousands of fashion and beauty items. Due to the impact from COVID-19, things are happening a little differently this year. (But Nordstrom promises the deals will be just as good!) The sale normally takes place in mid-July, but to better prepare and ensure the comfort and safety of its customers, it will now begin in August.
The 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is just around the corner, so keep scrolling to find out everything you need to know before it’s here — plus, we’ve highlighted 50 deals from the just-released Nordstrom catalog that can add to your wishlist now while you eagerly wait for prices to drop. And be sure to keep this page bookmarked because we’ll be updating it as new information is made available.
When Is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Mark your calendars, because the 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale officially opens to the public on Wednesday, August 19. It runs through Sunday, August 30, which means you’ll have just 12 days to shop. This is slightly fewer days than last year, but still plenty of time to add your favorites pieces to your cart. And depending on your Nordy Club status, you might have even more time to shop; see below for more details.
Who Can Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is open to anyone and everyone who wants to shop, but the amount of time you have to shop is dependent on your Nordy Club status. Any cardmember who has reached at least Insider status will get early access to the department store’s amazing deals — Icons can start shopping on August 4, Ambassadors on August 7, Influencers on August 10, and Insiders and all other cardmembers on August 13. This is a big deal, considering styles tend to sell out extremely quickly during this sale. (As mentioned above, it’s open to everyone else beginning August 19.)
To find your membership status, log into your Nordstrom account and click on “The Nordy Club” tab on the left-hand side. This handy tool will tell you your status and the dates you’ll be able to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. If you’re not already a member but frequently shop at Nordstrom, we highly recommend signing up to become one (it’s free!). As a Nordy Club member, you can unlock points toward Nordstrom Notes for every dollar spent, which is essentially just free money to spend later.
Where Can I Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Nordstrom stores have recently reopened in most cities after temporarily closing due to COVID-19, so you can shop the sale in person during normal business hours. (You can locate your closest Nordstrom store here). The department store has taken extra measures to ensure customers will feel safe while shopping in stores during the Anniversary Sale.
However, you can also shop the sale entirely online. What’s great about shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale online is that once the sale opens at 9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT on August 19, you can shop it around the clock until it ends. This is ideal for those who might be working during normal business hours. Depending on where you live, select Nordstrom stores are providing contactless curbside pick-up of online orders.
What Will Be Discounted During the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The real question is: What won’t be discounted? To help you prepare before the event, Nordstrom released a preview of everything that will be discounted via its virtual catalog. Shoppers have the ability to save their favorite pieces to their “Wish List,” making it even easier to add them to their shopping carts once they gain access to the sale. The department store suggests checking back often — it’s constantly updating its preview with new sale items.
There are deals across almost every department, but fashion has the biggest selection by far. This year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale will feature deals on an assortment of new arrivals from top brands like Madewell, Topshop, Vince, Ugg, Adidas, and Hunter, along with an array of discount designer pieces.
Shoppers will also be able to score hundreds of beauty exclusives they won’t find anywhere else. According to the Nordstrom catalog, there will be bundle deals on products from Mario Badescu, Sunday Riley, Charlotte Tilbury, and dozens more. Plus, anyone looking to update their living space will find a massive selection of home and kitchen items on sale.
There are seriously so many good deals featured in Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale, but we managed to select just 50 of our favorite pieces from the preview. Scroll down to add them to your Wish List right now!
Best Clothing Deals
- Topshop Long Sleeve Faux Leather Shirtdress, $49.90 (orig. $78)
- Halogen Crewneck Cashmere Sweater, $57.90 (orig. $98)
- Gibson Notch Collar Cotton Blend Blazer, $49.90 (orig. $89)
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Leopard Cardigan, $88.90 (orig. $134)
- Spanx Bra-llelujah! Unlined Bralette, $31.90 (orig. $48)
- Levi’s 501 Ripped High Waist Crop Straight Leg Jeans, $63.90 (orig. $98)
- Gal Meets Glam Courtney Rio Stripe Lawn Maxi Dress, $99.90 (orig. $168)
- BP. Faux Leather Leggings, $28.90 (orig. $48)
- 1.State Leopard Print Flutter Sleeve Blouse, $44.90 (orig. $79)
- Vince Woven Skirt, $174.90 (orig. $295)
Best Shoe Deals
- Marc Fisher LTD Oshay Pointed Toe Bootie, $99.90 (orig. $189.95)
- Adidas Swift Run Sneaker, $49.90 (orig. $85)
- Ugg Cozette Genuine Shearling Slide, $49.90 (orig. $79.95)
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Lift Ox Platform Sneaker, $49.90 (orig. $75)
- Hunter Original Leopard Print Refined Chelsea Waterproof Rain Boot, $99.90 (orig. $160)
- Veja V-10 Sneaker, $112.50 (orig. $150)
- 42 Gold Liya Slide Sandal, $69.90 (orig. $119.95)
- Vince Camuto Derika Leather Boot, $149.90 (orig. $239.95)
- Sam Edelman Laurie Platform Combat Boot, $99.90 (orig. $179.95)
- Eileen Fisher Lace Espadrille, $89.90 (orig. $155)
Best Handbag and Wallet Deals
- Tory Burch Carson Croc Embossed Leather Crossbody Bag, $149.90 (orig. $298)
- Madewell The Transport Stripe Embroidered Tote, $119.90 (orig. $198)
- Allsaints Fetch Snake Embossed Leather Crossbody Bag, $99.90 (orig. $178)
- Kate Spade New York Large Florence Leather Shoulder Bag, $199.90 (orig. $328)
- Coach Foldover Leather Card Case, $59.90 (orig. $99)
Best Accessories Deals
- Brixton Joanna Straw Hat, $35.90 (orig. $59)
- Kendra Scott Danielle Hoop Earrings, $34.90 (orig. $58)
- Ray-Ban 51mm Hexagonal Flat Lens Sunglasses, $99.90 (orig. $154)
- Tory Burch The Miller Leather Strap Watch, $129.90 (orig. $195)
- Argento Vivo Sterling Silver Starburst Medallion Necklace, $44.90 (orig. $78)
Best Activewear Deals
- Free People FP Movement Love Tie Dye Tank, $37.90 (orig. $58)
- Sweaty Betty Stamina Sports Bra, $25.90 (orig. $40)
- Zella Live In Jogger Pants, $38.90 (orig. $59)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Jacket, $97.90 (orig. $139)
- Adidas Originals x Daniëlle Cathari Crop Track Jacket, $59.90 (orig. $100)
Best Makeup & Skincare Deals
- Olaplex Jumbo Bond Maintenance System Set, $84 (valued at $126)
- Mario Badescu The Essentials Set, $23 (valued at $33)
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment Home & Away Kit, $114 (valued at $170)
- Charlotte Tilbury Three Beauty Secrets for Glowing Skin Set, $75 (valued at $118)
- Drybar The Brush Crush Heated Straightening Brush Set, $165 (valued at $243)
Best Home Deals
- Riedel Mixed Pack of 4 Red Wine Glasses, $43.90 (orig. $59)
- Diptyque Set of 5 Travel Size Candles, $55 (valued at $75)
- Click & Grow Smart Garden 3 Self Watering Indoor Garden, $79.90 (orig. $99.95)
- Nordstrom Marble & Wood Serving Board, $24.90 (orig. $39)
- Serene House Ranger Travel Aromatherapy Diffuser, $14.90 (orig. $29.99)
- Treasure & Bond Linen & Cotton Sheet Set, $123.90 (orig. $249)
- Godinger Seville Wine Decanter, $45.90 (orig. $69.99)
- Ugg Wade Throw Blanket, $118.90 (orig. $178)
- Smeg 50s Retro Style Two-Slice Toaster, $171.90 (orig. $229.95)
- Nordstrom Stripe Faux Rabbit Fur Accent Pillow, $24.90 (orig. $39)
Do you love a good deal? Sign up for PEOPLE's Shopping newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest sales, plus celebrity fashion, home decor and more.