Amazon Prime Day Is Less Than One Week Away - but You Can Score Tons of Early Deals Right Now
Prime members, prepare your virtual shopping carts! Amazon's famous two-day extravaganza is less than a week away.
Prime Day 2021 will take place on June 21 and 22, which is the earliest it has ever been. The massive sale began in 2015 to celebrate the company's 20th anniversary, and has typically fallen in July. But like many other annual sales, Prime Day was delayed in 2020 due to the impacts of COVID-19. Now, less than one year later, it's coming back with millions of exclusive deals just for Prime members (and anyone who signs up for a free trial).
Anyone who's shopped the global sale event knows that it's one of the best times of the year to score everything from big-ticket items to everyday necessities at steep discounts. In 2020, shoppers saved over $1.4 billion during Prime Day, according to Amazon. So if you're wondering if Prime Day lives up to the hype and is worth shopping, the answer is absolutely. If you're too excited to wait, there are plenty of savings you can already score right now.
Here Are 28 of the Best Early Prime Day Deals:
- Apple AirPods Pro, $197 (orig. $249)
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $128.98 (orig. $159)
- Amazon Smart Plug, $14.99 (orig. $24.99)
- New Apple Watch Series 6, $359 (orig. $429)
- All-new Echo Dot 4th Generation, $54.99 (orig. $59.99)
- All-new Echo Buds 2nd Generation, $79.99 (orig. $119.99)
- Echo Frames 2nd Generation Smart Audio Glasses with Alexa, $174.99 (orig. $249.99)
- Echo Show 5, $44.99 (orig. $79.99)
- Echo Dot 4th Gen Kids + Echo Glow, $69.99 (orig. $89.98)
- Amazon Halo Wellness Band and Membership, $69.99 (orig. $99.99)
- Insignia 43-Inch Smart 4K UHD Fire TV Edition, $279.99 (orig. $319.99)
- Toshiba 43-Inch Smart HD 1080p Fire TV, $199.99 (orig. $299.99)
- Insignia 50-Inch Smart 4K UHD Fire TV, $299.99 (orig. $379.99)
- Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones, $148 (orig. $199.99)
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush, $44.99 (orig. $59.99)
- Rael Acne Pimple Healing Patch 96-Count, $11.55 (orig. $15.99)
- Beckham Hotel Collection Bed Pillows, $39.99 with coupon (orig. $59.99)
- Bodum Pour-Over Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter, $19.99 (orig. $28)
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet With Assist Handle, $17.90 (orig. $26.68)
- iRobot Roomba 694 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, $229.99 (orig. $274)
- Kasa Smart Plug works with Alexa, $7.49 with coupon (orig. $14.99)
- Mellanni Bed Sheet Set, $32.97 with coupon (orig. $44.97)
- Homfa Bookshelf Rack 5-Tier Vintage Storage Organizer, $89.99 (orig. $129.99)
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, $14.33 (orig. $29.95)
- Seasum High-Waist Booty Leggings, $19.99 (orig. $27.99-$29.99)
- Prettygarden Casual Halter-Neck Sleeveless Maxi Dress, $40.99 (orig. $46.99)
- Hilor One-Piece Front Crossover Swimsuit, $32.99 (orig. $36.99)
- Reebok Classic Renaissance Sneaker, $51.90 (orig. $60)
Prime Day has essentially become another shopping holiday we look forward to every year (like Black Friday and Cyber Monday). So set an alarm, mark your calendars, and get ready to shop now and during the 48-hour event.
Keep scrolling to learn everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2021.
When Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day will begin on Monday, June 21 at 12 a.m. PT and end on Tuesday, June 22 at 11:59 p.m. PT. The event will be accessible from the U.S., the U.K., the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Spain, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Brazil, Belgium, Austria, and Australia. Since it starts just after the first official day of summer, it's a great time to jump on deals for your upcoming vacations and warm weather plans.
How Long Will Prime Day Last?
Though it's referred to as Prime Day, it's actually two days long. It initially ran for 24 hours in 2015 (which is where the name comes from), but the company has since extended the popular event to give people more time to shop. That's good news for us! With 48 hours to browse the array of unbeatable deals, you're sure to get everything you want.
How Does Prime Day Work?
Amazon's global shopping event is exclusive to Prime members - so if you're already one, you're good to go. If you're not a Prime member, you'll definitely want to sign up so you can shop the sale and unlock a slew of other amazing benefits. For $12.99 a month, you'll get fast, free, and convenient delivery options, along with unlimited access to Prime Video original series, like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and thousands of eBooks, popular magazines, and comics.
You could also sign up for a free 30-day trial now and use it throughout the month of June to get Prime Day deals. Or, you may want to go ahead and get the full-year subscription, considering you can get just about anything you need on Amazon.
What Will Be on Sale During Prime Day?
During the 48-hour window, anyone with a membership will get access to deals on more than two million items from beloved brands across every category, including home, fashion, toys, electronics, Amazon devices, and more.
Last year, the Echo Dot was Amazon's most popular Prime Day purchase globally. Some other historically popular items include the Instant Pot, Ring Doorbell, and Apple AirPods. While these products go on sale at other times throughout the year, during Prime Day they're offered at some of their steepest discounts to date.
Many products will be marked down for both days of the sale, but there will be thousands of lightning deals that last for just a few hours (or until the product is sold out). Plus, new discounts can drop at any given time, so you'll want to keep a tab open on your desktop or have the Amazon app handy on your smartphone. Almost all items included will be labeled a Prime Day deal, but we'll let you in on a secret: There are hundreds of more savings that won't be labeled. We'll be keeping our eyes peeled for those secret deals, so make sure to keep this page bookmarked.
How to Shop from Small Businesses on Prime Day
Amazon is encouraging customers to shop from small businesses now and during Prime Day. Now through Sunday, June 20, Prime members can get a $10 credit to use on Prime Day when they spend $10 or more on select products from small businesses featured on Amazon storefronts, including Amazon Handmade and Launchpad. Customers can browse items from over 300,000 eligible sellers, which is twice as many as last year.
Amazon even has a curated storefront to help you shop collections from Black-owned, woman-owned, and military family-owned businesses. Echo device owners in the U.S., U.K., and Germany can also say, "Alexa, shop small business" to discover products.
Early Prime Day Deals You Can Shop Now
And there are plenty of popular products you can get on sale if you need them now. The best-selling Apple AirPods Pro are less than $200, while this iRobot Roomba vacuum with nearly 30,000 five-star ratings is $44 off. You can also snag the Amazon Smart Plug for 40 percent off and the Halo Wellness Band that tracks how you move, sleep, and sound for $30 off. As for the fashion department, those TikTok-famous leggings are just $20 and this customer-loved flattering one-piece swimsuit is less than $35.
Shop these deals while you wait just a few more days for Amazon Prime Day to begin.
Do you love a good deal? Sign up for PEOPLE's Shopping newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest sales, plus celebrity fashion, home decor and more.
- The 15 Most Popular Products PEOPLE Readers Bought on Prime Day - and Some of Them Are Still on Sale
- The Shark Steam Mop That Sanitizes Dirty Floors in Minutes Is on Sale for $70
- Amazon Just Marked Down Even More Vacuum Cleaners After Prime Day - Including Shark and Bissell
- Shoppers of All Ages Call Kylie Jenner's Sunscreen Oil 'SPF Dreams' - and It's 50% Off at Nordstrom