Caught in the Act!
• Mary-Kate Olsen, dining with pal Nicole Richie and a group of friends at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. There with a male friend (wearing a cast), the starlet smoked some cigarettes – but skipped the food. Richie, meanwhile, was eating: She ordered potato-crusted halibut and asked for a side of carrots and fries – and she gleefully ate chunks of food with her fingers totally unaware of her friends’ reactions.
• Also at the Chateau that night: Orlando Bloom, who dropped by the Olsen-Richie table, sharing a long hug with one of their blonde friends. The actor, clad in an army green jacket and jeans, didn’t acknowledge Richie or Olsen though.
• A grinning Anne Hathaway, living it up inside of Las Vegas’s Tryst Nightclub in the Wynn Hotel. The actress, who stars in the upcoming Get Smart with Steve Carell, was in good spirits, joking about the flick with PEOPLE. “Originally this script was supposed to The Cherry Orchard by Chekhov,” she told us. “And suddenly it turned into an action comedy!”
• Miley Cyrus, catching a flick with dad Billy Ray Cyrus at CityWalk Cinemas in Universal City, Calif. Their movie of choice? The action drama Never Back Down.
• With less than a week to go before she meets Britain’s Queen Elizabeth at state dinner, Carla Bruni Sarkozy headed to her neighborhood Chanel shop in Paris. The ex-model-turned-first-lady had an hour’s worth of fittings.
• By MARK GRAY, LISA INGRASSIA, PETER MIKELBANK and ALYSSA SHELASKY
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.