WATCH: Go Inside Tyrese Gibson's Massive Georgia Estate — Featuring Real-Life Transformers!
Gibson shares a 25,000-square-foot home with his wife, Samantha
Tyrese Gibson says little kids always ask him if he really has several giant Transformers robots at his Georgia mansion.
The robots appear throughout the 25,000-square-foot estate, which Gibson shares with his wife, Samantha. (They were married in the home last Valentine’s Day, a few weeks after moving in.)
There’s not just a mini Optimus Prime in the first-floor home office but a large-scale Optimus in its own covered shelter in the backyard, by the pool, and a towering replica of Bumblebee in the foyer, to greet visitors.
The smaller one is 3 and a half feet while the two taller bots are both 11-feet-tall and made of car parts, metal and steel, Tyrese says. As such, they are very, very heavy.
“It’s me staying in touch with my childhood dreams,” the 39-year-old actor and musician tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “I was lucky enough to star in the Transformers franchise . . . I thought it was only right to get them custom-made for our estate.”
• Want to keep up on the latest from PEOPLE? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our best stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox.
During a tour of the seven-bedroom, nine-and-a-half bath home, Tyrese highlights his personal recording studio, complete with a vocal booth and velvet walls, plus their luxurious bedroom and cozy family room.
Tyrese, a Los Angeles native, calls the design process “literally a breeze.”
• For more from inside Tyrese’s Georgia home, subscribe now to PEOPLE or pick up this week’s issue, on newsstands now.
“He decorated and worked with other people to really bring his vision to life as far as what we want to attract into our lives,” says Samantha, 29. There’s room for them to work — Samantha, a social worker born in New Jersey, helps run Tyrese’s Love Circle Foundation — and to relax, with a couch perfect for bingeing Catfish and Iyanla: Fix My Life.
There’s also space for their growing family, with Samantha expecting their first child, a girl, in September.
“To me, it just so happens to be 25,000 square feet,” Tyrese says. “It happens to be six stories, which is a lot, but it doesn’t feel that way when you actually walk in. As you kind of move throughout the house, from one room to the next, it has this warm and very homey vibe.”
- Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas Spend First Thanksgiving Together: They're 'Very Happy,' Source Says
- Patrick Duffy Explains the Appeal of Lifetime Christmas Movies: 'Love Always Wins at the End'
- Vanessa Lachey and Ryan McPartlin Share an Almost-Kiss in Once Upon a Main Street Sneak Peek
- The Moment This Summer When Barack Obama Felt (Almost) Like He Was a Normal Person Again