6 Tips for Throwing a Fun and Flawless Oscar Party with Bob and Cortney Novogratz
Get inspired by their creative ideas for decorations, food, games and more!
The Oscars are a time of year everyone looks forward to. From the red carpet looks to placing bets on the big winners, it’s such a festive time. Since moving to Los Angeles from New York the awards have become even more exciting for us. All 9 of us love going to the movies, and my kids love creating movies so much that from time to time Robert and I are forced to be in them.
Throwing big parties is one of our favorite things to do, and the Oscars are no exception. Here are a few party tips to make your Oscars Party a success:
1. Make Oscars Ballots: Make ballots for your friends and family or print some out, like this great one from the New York Times. Have your friends guess the winners of each category and give a prize to the person who gets the most right.
2. Bring Out the Metallics: We’re all about casual get-togethers but for the Oscars, it’s fun to go a little more glam than you’re used to. Mix any vintage, ornate silver pieces you have with fun, modern pieces like these great snack bowls from CB2.
3. Go The Extra Mile with Food: We won’t claim to be great cooks, but something as simple as covering cupcakes with cool metallic dust goes a long way in making a party feel festive. It’s also a great activity for kids! Our youngest, Major, still loves baking with us and I’m pretty sure he’s going to love making gold icing.
4. Decorate Your House: Nothing says party like balloons filled with metallic confetti. One of our favorite sources for great party supplies is Oh Happy Day’s fun, colorful shop. We’ve been known to use balloons to create an arch over our door that guests walk through or to float an abundance on the ceiling in the living room while we all gather around to enjoy the Oscars
5. Make Party Favors: Everyone loves a great party favor. Print out cutouts of an Oscar on card stock, assemble, and paint them or glitter them in different colors. If you’re hosting kids, let this be a fun activity to keep them entertained.
6. Champagne Galore: Make sure you pull out the champagne. I recommend these fun Vietri glasses with gold rims because you can serve any type of bubbles, whether champagne for adults or sparkling juice for kids. My parties are always filled with people of all ages, and these glasses are great since they’re user-friendly but still bring the glam.
Movies are a celebration of life, and the Oscars definitely inspire us to have a fancy spirit and to keep dreaming. If you’re the one hosting enjoy pulling the party together as much as you enjoy sitting back and watching who wins.