TripAdvisor releases their annual Travelers' Choice list, spotlighting favorite affordable hotels chosen by real travelers
This story originally appeared on realsimple.com.
Before you book a hotel room for your next getaway, you’ll want to take a look at this list. TripAdvisor just revealed the 2017 Travelers’ Choice hotel award winners. The hotels on the list are located all over the world, so you’ll be covered whether you’re planning a domestic or international trip.
For 15 years, the travel site has announced awards for the best properties in various categories: Top Hotels Overall, Luxury, Bargain, Small Service, B&Bs and Inns, Romance, and Family. The awards are based on user reviews for thousands of hotels collected on the site throughout the year. “TripAdvisor relies on the experiences and opinions of our travel community to determine the winners of the Travelers’ Choice for Hotels,” TripAdvisor chief marketing officer Barbara Messing said in a press release. “Travelers planning 2017 trips can find inspiration for some of the best places to book around the world from this diverse group of outstanding accommodations.”
The award winners included 171 U.S. hotels, 162 Italian hotels and 158 French hotels. The top Travelers’ Choice hotel in the U.S. was The Nantucket Hotel & Resort, in Nantucket, Massachusetts, which was renovated in 2012. The Aria Hotel Budapest in Budapest, Hungary, nabbed the top spot for best hotel around the world.
Take a look at the top U.S. and overall world hotels below (along with the average nightly rates), and see more category winners on TripAdvisor.com:
Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Hotels in the U.S.
- The Nantucket Hotel & Resort in Nantucket, Massachusetts; $465 per night
- The Charmant Hotel in La Crosse, Wisconsin; $212 per night
- The Oxford Hotel in Bend, Oregon; $318 per night
- Stephanie Inn in Cannon Beach, Oregon; $468 per night
- The Inn at Lost Creek in Mountain Village, Colorado; $306 per night
- French Quarter Inn in Charleston, South Carolina; $415 per night
- Icona Diamond Beach in Wildwood Crest, New Jersey; $340 per night
- Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa in Jackson, Wyoming; $342 per night
- Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection in Tulsa, Oklahoma; $202 per night
- Hotel Emma in San Antonio, Texas; $338 per night
Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Hotels in the World
- Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection in Budapest, Hungary; $288 per night
- Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Ubud, Indonesia; $502 per night
- Turin Palace Hotel in Turin, Italy; $180 per night
- Hotel The Serras in Barcelona, Spain; $420 per night
- BoHo Prague Hotel in Prague, Czech Republic; $209 per night
- Portrait Firenze in Florence, Italy; $676 per night
- Shinta Mani Resort in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia; $151 per night
- Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa in Hanoi, Vietnam; $102 per night
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas in Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica; $323 per night
- JA Manafaru in Haa Alif Atoll, Maldives; $811 per night