#SHAREYOURSIZE Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins 12:01 P.M. EST on April 25, 2016 and ends 11:59 P.M. EST on May 13, 2016. To enter, email email@example.com with your photo, name, contact information, a description of the photo, some biographical information and your size for possible publication in People Magazine or on PEOPLE.com. The photograph must be at least 340×490 or 490×340 pixels in size. Limit one entry per person per category.
Time Inc. is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, postage due mail, or incomplete entries or for entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Time Inc. and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, you warrant that (1) you have obtained the permission of the person who took the photograph to allow People Magazine and People.com to publish and post the photograph, (2) you are the person in the photograph, (3) that the entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (4) the entry has not been published in any medium or (5) the entry has not won an award.
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by the editors, based on the following criteria: Overall Charm and Appeal of Photo (25%) Appropriateness to Contest Theme (25%) and Creativity (50%). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaker” judge will determine the Winner(s) from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner(s) will be notified by: “telephone”, “postal mail”, or “email”.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 19 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Time Inc. and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. Winners will be featured in a gallery on the People.com website and, in some cases, may at the sole discretion of the judges be featured in the magazine (the Prize ). Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is nearly impossible to estimate, but is likely close to zero. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES, IF ANY, ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a Prize permitted, except Time Inc. reserves the right to substitute Prize (or Prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Time Inc.’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Time Inc. to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Time Inc., which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any photo(s) and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such photo(s), original essay, and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Time Inc. a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted photo(s), personal information, or other materials, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner(s), as a condition of receiving any Prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a Copyright License from the photographer, and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the photo(s), original essay, and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Time Inc. and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, photograph and/or original essay, and/or other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting Prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Time Inc. and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the Prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Time Inc., in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or Prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Time Inc. deems likely to subject the Time Inc., entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Time Inc. in any way. If such information is discovered by Time Inc. after a winner has received notice of his Prize and before the Prize is awarded, Time Inc. may rescind the Prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her Prize has already been awarded, Time Inc. may withdraw the remainder of the Prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Time Inc. are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Time Inc. is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the Prize.
6. INTERNET: Time Inc. is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Time Inc. or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Time Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Time Inc. reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Time Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principals of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of Winner(s), available after June 1, 2016 send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to People.com. SUBJECT: Share Your Size Photographs, 225 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281
10. SPONSOR: Time Inc., the publisher of People Magazine and People.com is the Sponsor of this Contest. It’s principal place of business is 225 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281.