Certified trainer Dempsey Marks shares three simple exercises to tone your body
After hiding under sweaters and digging into some extra sweets during the winter, it might be hard to get back in the gym.
But getting toned in time for the annual festival is completely doable, and certified fitness trainer and yoga instructor Dempsey Marks is sharing a few easy exercises that can be done anywhere.
“I love soaking in the music, art and fashion at Coachella all while basking in spring desert warmth,” she tells PEOPLE. “Spring is fast-approaching and so you want an exercise program that provides fast results. My choice: a high-intensity program that combines aerobic and strength training.”
Marks — who created the PreGame Fit fitness and lifestyle program — has also created the perfect playlist to workout to with artists from the festival’s line-up. “Motivate your spring fitness plan with a great playlist,” she suggests.
DEMPSEY’S FESTIVAL WORKOUT PLAYLIST
- “Crazy in Love” — Beyoncé
- “Lose Yourself” — Eminem
- “Bodak Yellow” — Cardi B
- “Starboy” — The Weeknd
- “Love the Way You Lie” — Eminem ft. Rihanna
- “Rockstar” — Post Malone ft. 21 Savage
- “Single Ladies” — Beyoncé
- “Till I Collapse” — Eminem
- “Judith” — A Perfect Circle
- “Say My Name” — Odesza ft. Zyra
SQUAT, CURL AND PRESS — FULL BODY WORKOUT
- Begin standing with your feet hip-width (or slightly wider) apart and toes pointed slightly out
- Hold a pair of dumb bells at your sides with palms facing in
- Squat — keep your hips back, your weight in your heels and keep your chest up; don’t let your knees go past your toes
- Push through your heels to stand while simultaneously curling the dumb bells to your shoulders and pressing them straight up above your head (keep palms facing in the entire time)
- Slowly reverse the arm motion to return to your starting standing position
KNEE TUCK — FULL BODY AND CARDIO WORKOUT
- Begin standing with your feet hip width (or slightly wider) apart and arms at your sides; bend your knees slightly
- Squat down slightly and jump straight up, bringing your knees toward your chest, tapping the palms of your hands
- Land softly with your knees bent. Repeat.
CROSS CRUNCHES — AB WORKOUT
- Begin lying on your back with your legs straight and arms extended overhead
- Engage your core by pressing your lower back into the ground
- Keeping your arms and legs straight, simultaneously lift your right arm and left leg, bringing your right hand toward your left foot. Be sure that you are lifting your head, neck and chest up off the ground
- Slowly return to start and repeat on the other side