Zack and Kelly are home for Christmas!
In an exclusive clip of Tiffani Thissen‘s Cooking Channel holiday special, Christmas at Tiffani’s, the Saved by the Bell star reunites with her co-star, Mark-Paul Gosselaar and his wife, Catriona, for a holiday get-together.
“For me, the holidays are about spending time with the people I love and people who love a good Christmas party as much as I do,” the actress says in the clip. “So I’m inviting some of my nearest and dearest for a festive bash.”
Gosselaar isn’t the only party guest and former onscreen lover of Thiessen’s giving us ’90s nostalgia. Beverly Hills, 90210‘s Jason Priestly and his wife, Naomi, also join in on some photo-booth fun with White Collar‘s Tim Dekay and his wife, Elisa. “And of course, my handsome husband,” Thiessen says of hubby Brady Smith.
The crew get together to feast on a spread of smoked turkey, fennel and sun-dried tomato dressing, cheesy potatoes au gratin, boozy blood orange cranberry sauce and fresh-baked Gruyere and thyme rolls. For dessert, it’s bourbon pecan pie — which you can make at home with Thiessen’s exclusive recipe below.
“Break out those jingle bells,” says Thiessen, “because I’m cooking and you’re invited.”
Christmas at Tiffani’s premieres Sunday, Dec. 4th at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Cooking Channel.
Tiffani Thiessen’s Pecan Pie with Vanilla Whipped Cream
8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 ½ cups light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. bourbon
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
2 rolled frozen pie crusts, thawed according to package directions
3 cups whole pecans
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
Vanilla Whipped Cream:
1 ½ cups heavy cream
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1. For the pie: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the corn syrup, sugar, bourbon, salt and vanilla bean paste. Whisk until mixed and the sugar is dissolved, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
2. Unroll the pie crusts and press into two 9-inch pie plates. Trim the excess around the rims and then crimp the edges. Evenly divide the pecans between the pie crusts. Set the pie plates on a large baking sheet.
3. Whisk the eggs into the cooled sugar mixture and pour it over the pecans in both pie plates. Bake the pies until they are mostly set but still slightly jiggly in the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
4. For the whipped cream: Put the cream in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla bean paste, and whip until soft peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat, or the cream will become grainy.
5. Serve slices of pecan pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
Serves: 10 to 12
Active time: 45 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes (includes cooling time)