Hilaria Baldwin's Shrimp & Quinoa Paella Recipe
Hilaria Baldwin’s Shrimp & Quinoa Paella Recipe
The author of the Living Clearly Method serves up a healthy meal her family loves.
½ cup dry white wine
1 tbsp. saffron threads
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 large tomatoes, chopped (about 4½ cups)
1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1½ cups vegetable broth
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
8 oz. peeled cooked medium shrimp
1. Combine wine and saffron in a medium bowl, and let stand until ready to use.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add tomatoes, onion and garlic to skillet, and cook, stirring often, until cooked down and the flavors have deepened, 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Increase heat to medium high, and add mushrooms to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release juices, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in wine-saffron mixture, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add quinoa, and stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until quinoa is almost tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Gently stir spinach into paella, and top with shrimp. Cover, and cook until shrimp is heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes