Recipe: Five-Cheese Pesto Monkey Bread
This is an Italian style take on monkey bread, using pesto, mozzarella and four other shredded cheeses — it’s baked and broiled to ooey, gooey perfection.
Five-Cheese Pesto Monkey Bread
Adapted from Five Heart Home
Makes one loaf
¼ cup salted butter, melted
1 tsp. garlic salt
4 cans refrigerated biscuit dough
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
¼ cup jarred pesto
¼ cup shredded Italian cheese blend (including mozzarella, provolone, Romano, Asiago and Parmesan)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir garlic salt into melted butter. Dip each biscuit dough piece in butter. Arrange in one bottom layer in ungreased 9-inch bundt or cake pan.
2. Cover bottom layer with mozzarella slices, dollops of pesto and then a sprinkle of the cheese blend.
3. Using the remaining butter-soaked biscuit dough pieces, create a second layer on top of the first. Cover the biscuits with the remaining mozzarella, pesto and cheese blend.
4. Bake 35 minutes until biscuits are done and surface is golden. With the pan still in the cover, broil on high for three minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbling.
5. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan if so desired, or serve out of baking dish. Enjoy warm.
—Morgan Gibson and Grace Gibson