Orange Cranberry Icebox Cookies
From The Faux Martha
Makes 48 cookies
2 ¼ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
½ tsp. sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp. orange zest
¼ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Reduce mixer speed to low, slowly adding in the flour mixture as well as the orange zest and cranberries until just combined.
4. Divide dough in two. Place on individual sheets of plastic wrap. Roll into logs, about 10 inches long. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to firm up.
5. Remove and roll logs in coarse sugar until coated. Return to freezer for 30 minutes or refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Using a sharp knife, slice dough into ¼-inch cookies (or slightly thicker). Bake for 12–15 minutes or until edges just start to golden.
8. Allow cookies to cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.