Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies Recipe
'All of these ingredients are among my kitchen basics,' says the chef and author of Simply Nigella
Nigella Lawson’s Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
‘All of these ingredients are among my kitchen basics,’ says the chef and author of Simply Nigella
4 extra-large eggs
Pinch of fine sea salt
1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line the base and sides of an 8-in.-square cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and salt on high until eggs have more than doubled in size and are pale and mousselike; about 5 minutes.
3. Place chocolate spread into a heat-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute on high, stirring after 30 seconds, or until slightly runny.
4. Pour the heated chocolate in a continuous trickle into the eggs, beating on medium-high as you go, until fully combined. This will decrease the volume of the eggs quite a bit.
5. Pour mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan, about 1 hour. Remove from pan, cut into 16 squares, and dust generously with powdered sugar.
Makes: 16 brownies
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes