Martina McBride's Lemon-Ginger Cheesecake
2 cups finely ground gingersnap cookies (about 9 ounces)
2 tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
4 8-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
1¼ cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
½ cup whipping cream
½ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
2 tbsp. finely grated peeled fresh ginger
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4 tsp. grated lemon peel lemon slices (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Generously butter 10-in. springform pan with 2¾-in.-high sides. Double wrap outside of pan with heavy duty foil.
3. Blend ground cookies, sugar and ginger in processor. Add melted butter and process until moist crumbs form. Press mixture onto bottom and ½ inch up sides of pan.
4. Bake until crust sets, about 10 minutes.
5. Cool. Maintain oven temperature.
1. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in sugar, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Beat in sour cream and whipping cream, then crystallized ginger, fresh ginger, lemon juice and lemon peel.
2. Pour filling into crust.
3. Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour boiling water in roasting pan to come 1 inch up sides of springform pan.
4. Bake cheesecake until filling is set and golden brown on top (cake will rise above edge of pan), about 1 hour 25 minutes.
5. Turn off oven and prop open oven door with wooden spoon. Let cake stand in oven 1 hour (cake will fall).
6. Remove springform pan from water bath. Remove foil and cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Release pan sides from cheesecake. Transfer cheesecake to platter. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.