Lemon Burst Cookies
From Crunchy, Creamy Sweet
Makes 30 cookies
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. lemon zest
8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
¾ tsp. vanilla extract
2 drops lemon extract
½ cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour and baking powder).
3. Add zest and whisk it in.
4. In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla or lemon extract. Mix again.
6. With mixer on low speed, mix in dry only until just combined.
7. Roll the dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar.
8. Place on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between them.
9. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes, or until puffed and bottoms just golden brown.
10. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.