Lance Bass's Jalapeño Chicken 'Bombs' Recipe
Lance Bass’s Jalapeño Chicken ‘Bombs’
THE AVID COOK AND DAILY PANELIST ON THE MEREDITH VIEIRA SHOW KNOWS EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH BACON
2 (5- to 6-oz.) chicken cutlets
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño
2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
¼ tsp. smoked paprika
16 slices bacon
1½ tbsp. brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Pound the chicken cutlets to ¼-in. thickness.
2. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese and jalapeño. Spread a thin layer on each cutlet. Roll up the chicken and, if needed, secure with toothpicks.
3. Combine barbecue sauce and paprika in a small bowl, and brush 1 tbsp. on each roll. Cut rolls into 8 pieces each.
4. Wrap each piece with a slice of bacon, tucking in ends, so it covers the chicken completely. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. brown sugar. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
5. Place the chicken on a rack-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the pan and cook for another 10 minutes, then broil for 1 to 2 minutes more.
Makes: 16 pieces
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes