Kristen Taekman‘s 20-minute fitness routine no doubt plays a big role in maintaining her svelte physique — and so does the Real Housewives of New York star’s diet.
Taekman says she makes sure to eat healthy, but as fans of the show already know, she does not know her way around the kitchen very well.
“Everything I cook is frozen. I have a deep freezer,” she tells PEOPLE. “We’re probably one of the only families in New York City who have a deep freezer. I will go to Costco and buy in bulk. I always try to buy organic everything, but I’m doing a lot of defrosting.”
Hankin shares a daily menu she’s prepared for the reality star, along with the easy-to-make recipes, below.
Vanilla Protein Shake
1 scoop protein powder (recommended: JCORE Body-Lite Vanilla)
4 frozen blackberries
4 frozen blueberries
4 ice cubes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can substitute skim or soy)
2 tbsp. water
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smoothie consistency is achieved. Pour into glass
Crustless Spinach Quiche
½ cup milk
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 tsp. fat-free feta cheese
1 cup fresh raw spinach chopped
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, then add all other ingredients.
2. Spray six-tin muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray. With a ladle, scoop mixture into each cup, filling all the way up.
3. Bake until quiches are set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes, then pop out and eat (one quiche is a serving).
Chicken & Veggie Burger
1 tsp. olive oil
½ cup kale
2 baby carrots, finely chopped
4 broccoli florets, chopped
1 lb. white meat organic ground chicken
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
⅓ avocado, sliced
2 tbsp. hot sauce
1. In a small frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil, kale, carrots and broccoli. Sauté until veggies are cooked but still crunch, about 5 minutes.
2. Place the ground meat in a bowl and add cooked veggies, salt and pepper, combining with your hands. Mold into medium-sized patties.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray . Place as many patties in the pan as can fit and cook until meat is white and cooked all the way through, 12-15 minutes.
4. Top burgers with sliced avocado and drizzle with hot sauce.
Quinoa with Mushrooms and Kale
2 tsp. olive oil
4 mushrooms, sliced
1 cup kale
1 cup cooked quinoa (prepare according to package instructions)
Juice of ½ lemon
1. In a small pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté mushrooms and kale for 7 minutes.
2. Toss veggies with cooked quinoa in a bowl and dress with lemon juice.
DINNER AND DESSERT
3 6-8 oz. skinless filets of cod
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
Olive oil, to taste
6 lemon wheels
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Make sure fish is dry, then place in baking dish and lightly season with salt and pepper. Add fresh herbs and garlic.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and place lemon wheels on top of fish. Bake for 10- 15 mins depending on the thickness
4. Serve with steamed vegetables of your choice.
Greek Yogurt with Mango and Pineapple
½ cup Greek yogurt
Coconut-mango juice (recommended: Mamma Chia Coconut Mango)
Pineapple wedge, for garnish
Place Greek yogurt in bowl and pour over with coconut-mango juice until partially submerged. Garnish with pineapple wedge.