For the romantic holiday, the reality star shared her dessert of choice: a chocolate chip banana bread filled with all-organic ingredients. The super simple recipe—which comes from her close friend Jessie—is also one Kardashian enjoys making with her kids Mason, 6, Penelope, 3 and Reign, 1.
“The kids and I love baking this together, and it’s even more fun when you use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to shape each slice!” she says. “This sweet dessert is perfect for a Valentine’s Day treat.”
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes: 2 loaves
3 large super ripe bananas, mashed
1 pint sour cream
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix bananas, sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
6. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans.
7. Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and more sugar.
8. Bake for 75 minutes. Begin checking the banana bread after 1 hour. Bread is done when a toothpick comes back out clean, and the top is golden brown and firm.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 75 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
—Ana Calderone, @anacalderone