Kourtney Kardashian Shares Her Family's 'Favorite' Recipe for the 'Best Pasta Sauce Ever'
All aboard the reality star's gravy train!
All aboard Kourtney Kardashian‘s gravy train!
The reality star is all about whipping up wholesome, homemade dishes—especially when it comes to cooking for her three kids—and now she’s sharing one of her family’s go-to cold-weather dishes. Shared on her app and exclusively with PEOPLE, the eldest Kardashian sister reveals her recipe for the “best pasta sauce ever.”
“I love to make pasta dishes during the winter and this simple pomodoro recipe is a favorite of mine and the kids,” she writes on her website.
Because the Kardashian family chef (aside from Kylie Jenner who rivals her in the breakfast department) follows a strict gluten-free, dairy-free lifestyle, she serves the sauce over a bowl of gluten-free noodles, but you could easily swap in your favorite box of pasta.
When it comes to the sauce instructions, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star sautés garlic and onion before adding her San Marzano tomatoes, water, seasoning and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar for a little sweetness.
WATCH: Food Hack: Make Stuffed Crust Pizza
Follow the full recipe below to try it for yourself at home:
Kourtney Kardashian’s Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion (or half of larger onion), diced
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh organic basil
- Gluten-free penne (I use Bionaturae)
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until hot.
2. Add onions and minced garlic and stir frequently until the onions are clear (a few minutes).
3. Add crushed tomatoes and half of the water, stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the brown sugar along with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Reduce heat to low and let sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add more water if sauce becomes too thick while simmering, it should retain a silky texture.
7. Remove from heat and stir in chopped basil (leaving a little extra for garnish).
8. Serve over gluten-free penne pasta and sprinkle remaining basil on top.
- Cameron Dallas Opens Up About His Dark Past with Drinking and Social Media — and How He Found Recovery
- Anthony Hopkins Launches a Fragrance Collection to Benefit Kids: 'I Want to Give Back'
- How Brooke Shields Found Body (and Bikini) Confidence at 55: 'Women Over 50 Are Not Done'
- Amanda Kloots to Release Memoir, Live Your Life, About Her and Nick Cordero's Incredible Love Story